Chelsea have been linked with a move for Napoli defender Elseid Hysaj this January transfer window.
The Albanian right back was an important part of Maurizio Sarri’s side in Serie A last season.
Hysaj could provide competition at right back with Cesar Azpilicueta currently the man in possession of that spot in Sarri’s starting side.
According to the Express, Napoli are open to offers for the 24-year-old, with his agent Mario Giuffredi speaking out on the possibility of a move away from the Stadio San Paolo.
However, Giuffredi apparently doesn’t want his player stuck in a long running transfer saga and has made it clear that anyone wanting to sign Hysaj will be better off moving quickly and signing him this month.
After revealing talks with Napoli boss Carlo Ancelotti he said: “The important thing is hearing that Ancelotti respects Hysaj.
“He confirmed his faith in him. Of course, the January transfer window is always to be evaluated and there has been talk of Chelsea, for example.
“If there are situations that are mutually advantageous, then we’d evaluate them.
“If nothing happens in January, then we’ll discuss a contract extension.”
Hysaj’s current contract in Naples runs until 2021 having joined the club in 2015, following Sarri from Empoli for €5 million.
He was twice a Serie A runner up under the current Chelsea boss and was a key part of his sides.
This isn’t the first time that Giuffredi has spoken out on the possibility of a move to Chelsea for Hysaj, earlier this month he told Radio Marte, as reported by Football Italia : “He could have gone with Sarri to Chelsea, but Ancelotti blocked everything.
“He even publicly said recently that he was counting on him for this last period, but the facts say that in the last four games, Hysaj has only played one.
“Therefore that probably means he’s not too important for the Coach. If Ancelotti no longer considers him a starter, and wants to remove the disturbance, we’ll do it.
“Hysaj doesn’t deserve this bad treatment, considering how much he’s given Napoli in the last three years, and also because it’s professionally correct to be clear in life.”
Sarri has admitted that he would like two new signings this January and has also said that he would like a replacement for Cesc Fabregas, who made his move to Monaco on Friday (January 11).
Unfortunately for Giuffredi ,Chelsea making a move for Hysaj seems unlikely due to comments made by Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis back in July in which he stated Sarri signed an agreement preventing him from raiding his former club for more players other than Jorginho.