Rafa Benitez has told Kenedy there is a place for him at Newcastle United next season if he wants it.
The left-sided Brazilian player is currently on his summer vacation with his agent weighing up his options during the close season.
Kenedy has been linked with a host of big clubs since the window opened including Paris St-Germain, Bayern Munich, Arsenal, and Liverpool but none of those clubs will be able to guarantee him the regular first-team football.
Benitez has assured Kenedy that he will be afforded consistent game-time again at Newcastle next season should he decide to return to the club.
Kenedy must also wait to see who will be charged at Chelsea next season but with fresh claims that Antonio Conte could now stay on at Stamford Bridge after winning the FA Cup, that could mean good news for the Magpies when it comes to their chances of signing the 22-year-old.
Benitez feels that Newcastle could end up getting Kenedy on loan if he can’t agree on a permanent move elsewhere this summer.
With two years left on his deal, United could structure a similar deal to the one that secured Christian Atsu last year when Newcastle ended up with an option at the end of the campaign.
That wasn’t on the table in January when Newcastle signed Kenedy but the player went on to enjoy his time at St James’ Park.
Benitez said at the start of May: “They (Chelsea) may see him as an option for the boy to go on loan for another year.
“Where could a good place for him be? Newcastle.
“And for sure that could be a good chance for him and us.”
Kenedy has also spoken positively about a move to United in the past, he said:
“If something occurs then I will be more than happy, it is a good place for me.
“I like it.
“Rafa helps me a lot, every day.
“But the thing I am most thankful for is that he had belief in me and gave me this chance.
“I never imagined it would have gone so well.
“They have amazing fans, they are crazy for the team — fanatical, beautiful, I feel privileged to be around them.”
Chelsea in shock bid for €90m Liverpool target as Courtois to Anfield talk grows
Reports in Italy claim that Chelsea have made an offer for Roma star Alisson as talk gathers pace that Thibaut Courtois could leave for Liverpool.
Alisson has been heavily linked with a move to Anfield this summer with reports stating that Jurgen Klopp is searching for an upgrade for Loris Karius.
The Brazilian stopper was expected to be Liverpool’s primary target, but reports on Wednesday from the Italian media suggested that they would instead launch a £40m move for Chelsea star Thibaut Courtois.
Sky Italia claim that the Blues are prepared to sell Courtois due to his complex contract situation, and have placed an offer for Alisson as a potential replacement.
According to the Guardian on Wednesday, the Serie A giants are now demanding €90million (£79million) from Liverpool for goalkeeper Alisson.
Courtois’ contract at Stamford Bridge expires in 2019 and the Belgium international appears to be no closer to extending his deal.
Liverpool and Real Madrid are both reportedly interested in the former Atletico Madrid star, and Chelsea are now intent on signing Alisson.