Chelsea signing Ross Barkley has trained for the first time since joining the Blues from Everton for £15million.
The 24-year-old, whose deal at Goodison Park was due to expire at the end of the season, sealed a move to Stamford Bridge on Friday after signing a five-and-a-half-year deal with the reigning Premier League champions.
And the Englishman, who has not played a minute of football so far this term due to a hamstring injury, has got down to work with his new club.
Barkley was pictured training alone at Chelsea’s centre in Cobham on Saturday as he bids to return to match fitness.
The 24-year-old underwent a light session on a chilly morning in Surrey, performing a number of fitness drills before working on his ball control with a member of Antonio Conte’s coaching staff.
‘I’m overwhelmed, I’m looking forward to it and I’m really excited to get started,’ Barkley said following the transfer.
‘To be given a fresh start at a new club like Chelsea, it’s unbelievable for me. I’m looking forward to continuing where I left off at the end of last season and hoping to improve and add more goals to my game.’
Speaking before the announcement, Chelsea boss Conte described Barkley as ‘a complete player’.
The Italian said: ‘He (Barkley) is complete because he has it all. He has stamina, is fast, strong physically, good technique and is a complete player. He is a modern footballer. He has not only good technique.’