CHARLY MUSONDA could feature for Chelsea this season, according to reports.
Belgian news outlet DH reckon Oscar’s exit means Musonda might get the nod.
However, Sky Sports claimed earlier this week that Musonda is wanted by Roma.
It was suggested the Serie A club want the 20-year-old attacker on a short-term loan deal this winter.
Musonda has already had a temporary stint with Real Betis this season, making eight league appearances for them.
But he struggled for form and fitness throughout the campaign and is now back training with Chelsea.
The Belgian admitted in October that he has not spoken to Blues boss Antonio Conte but is desperate to play in the English top flight.
“There’s feedback with people from Chelsea,” he said.
“I’ve never actually been in direct contact with Antonio Conte, but the club are keeping an eye on their players’ performances.
“My dream is to play in the Premier League, I’m going to continue my efforts to reach that objective.”
Eden Hazard praises Chelsea trio ahead of Stoke City clash
Eden Hazard singled out Willian, Pedro and Michy Batshuayi for special praise after Chelsea’s 3-0 win over Bournemouth on Boxing Day.
The Blues continued their fine form in the Premier League as they notched up their 12th straight top-flight win to leave them leading the way at the top of the table.
Antonio Conte’s side managed to secure the three points despite being without the suspended Diego Costa and N’Golo Kante at Stamford Bridge on Monday afternoon.
And the 25-year-old Hazard feels that Chelsea have plenty of strength in depth in their squad this season.
Speaking to Chelsea’s website after the victory, Hazard said: “We have different options.
“Diego we know is the top scorer in the league but we have to find different solutions and we did, with Pedro and me and also Willian can score and we have Michy on the bench, so we have a lot of solutions and we did well.”
Hazard has scored nine goals for Chelsea in the Premier League to help Conte’s men top the Premier League table heading into 2017.
The Belgian will be expecting to feature when the Blues return to top-flight action with a home clash against Stoke on New Year’s Eve at Stamford Bridge.
‘Chelsea rivals are jealous – Conte had perfect tactics without Costa’
Antonio Conte’s team options after the Italian coach successfully dealt with the absence of suspended pair Diego Costa and N’Golo Kante against Bournemouth.
The striker and the midfielder both missed the Boxing Day game at Stamford Bridge after picking up five yellow cards in the 1-0 win over Crystal Palace the previous week.
But Conte’s decision to play Eden Hazard up front instead of striker Michy Batshuayi proved a good one as the Belgian helped create Pedro’s opener before he won and converted a second-half penalty, which ensured Chelsea beat Bournemouth 3-0.
Pedro, who also shone in the win on Monday, will not be available for selection in Chelsea’s New Year’s Eve match with Stoke through suspension although Costa and Kante will return.
“There is going to be some imagination from Antonio needed as the season goes on, but that doesn’t look like a problem right now,” Nevin wrote in his weekly column on Chelsea’s website.
“With no Diego Costa or Kante, Chelsea needed another way to win and in its execution this frontline of Willian, Hazard and Pedro was perfection on the day.
“Of course there was some expectation of going with Michy up front and keeping the style the same, but the manager must have looked at the opposition and spotted their weaknesses.
“What it gives us is another option when trying to break down defences and another fear to strike into the hearts of our competitors.
“Up until now in this incredible run it was clear that we have enjoyed a level of consistency everyone is jealous of, not just in results but also in team selection too.
“This will again be tested when we face Stoke City and Spurs in the coming days, but there are clearly now options that others hadn’t considered.