Barcelona respond to Chelsea Star transfer speculation

Barcelona technical secretary Eric Abidal has refused to rule out a summer move for Eden Hazard.

The Chelsea star is said to be mulling over his future at Stamford Bridge following Antonio Conte’s departure and both La Liga giants vying for his services.

Maurizio Sarri is set to be appointed as Conte’s replacement and the FA Cup holders are reportedly confident that the former Napoli manager’s commitment to attacking football could be enough to persuade Hazard to commit the peak years of his career to the club he joined six years ago.

Having missed out on Antoine Griezmann, however, Barcelona are said to have identified Hazard as their primary transfer target and are also preparing a second bid for his Chelsea teammate Willian, who is also of interest to Manchester United.

‘You will have to ask him,’ Abidal responded when quizzed about Hazard’s desire to leave Chelsea for Barcelona this summer, as quoted by El Mundo Deportivo.

‘Right now I’m good at Chelsea and besides, nobody has approached me with an offer,’ Hazard told BeIn Sports, in quotes cited by Marca on Tuesday.

“Yes I know I have said that Zidane is special but the Madrid shirt is special with or without him at the club and they are a club who make you dream. ‘I’m doing well in blue, so my future does not bother me.’

Chelsea transfer news: Jorginho wages deal agreed – he’ll earn mega money

Jorginho looked to be off to Premier League champions Manchester City before the Blues hijacked the deal at the last minute.

And he’s set to be handsomely rewarded for deciding to ditch Pep Guardiola’s side for life at Stamford Bridge instead.

The Evening Standard report Jorginho has been given a five-year contract worth £102,000-a-week.

He’s heading to Chelsea along with his former manager at Napoli, Maurizio Sarri.

The Italy midfielder played a key role in the Serie A club’s success and Sarri will be hoping he can repeat the trick in the Premier League.

He’s set to be appointed imminently after Chelsea confirmed the departure of Antonio Conte.

Napoli president Aurelio de Laurentiis revealed why Jorginho was turning down City for Chelsea when quizzed on his future earlier this week.

He said: “Jorginho? We said to ourselves, ‘If Jorginho has any requests, we’ll take them into account’.

“For that, I’ll have to apologise to Manchester City. However, if the player would rather live in London than Manchester, I can understand that.

“If Chelsea is paying him even more, I can understand that too. Jorginho and Sarri together again? Jorginho would go to Chelsea regardless of Sarri.”

Chelsea has until August 9 to complete all their summer purchases.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*