Chelsea attacker Willian has said that while he found it “difficult” spending time on the bench last season, he ‘respects’ the decisions of Blues boss Antonio Conte.
The 29-year-old scored 13 times and registered 12 assists for Chelsea during the 2017-18 campaign, but he was left out of the starting XI against Manchester United in the FA Cup final amid suggestions of a rift with Conte.
Willian raised further questions over his future at Chelsea when he blocked Conte out of a picture from the club’s FA Cup celebrations.
Willian has since been linked with a move to Man United, but the attacker is currently fully focused on representing Brazil at the 2018 World Cup.
“I was happy with my performance during the season, I played very well I always try to do my best and work hard,” Willian told reporters.
“Sometimes to stay on the bench is difficult but I respect the decision of the manager. I don’t have anything else to say about my club because now I want to have focused here on the national team and the World Cup.”
Brazil will open their 2018 World Cup with a Group E match against Switzerland on June 17.
Bayern Munich Get Tough With Chelsea Linked Wantaway Striker
Bayern Munich is not entertaining any calls from the agent of Chelsea target Robert Lewandowski and has slapped a mammoth asking price on the striker.
Pini Zahavi, the striker’s agent, stated last week that the player wants to leave Bayern Munich this summer in search of a new experience and is hopeful the club will understand his decision.
Lewandowski has personally met the club hierarchy and has reiterated his desire to find the exit door at Bayern Munich, but the German champions have remained cold to his request.
The Bavarians have taken a tough stance on the striker’s public attempts to leave and according to German magazine Sports Bild, they have rejected meeting Zahavi on multiple occasions.
Bayern Munich has not been entertaining calls from the super-agent and has made it clear to him what they want if Lewandowski wants to leave the club this summer.
The Israeli super-agent has been informed to only contact Bayern Munich if he can attract a bid worth €200m for the Poland international this summer.
The German champions have been planning a calm transfer window where they are not expecting to sell or buy any major names.
Chelsea is said to be interested in launching a big bid for Lewandowski this summer, but they are unlikely to match Bayern Munich’s asking price.
The Pole is still hopeful of a move to Real Madrid, but for the moment it is unclear whether the European champions are prepared to spend such figures on the 29-year-old.