Over the course of 2018, Chelsea forward Willian has been often linked with a move to Manchester United, as Red Devils manager Jose Mourinho has expressed admiration for his former player in public.
This spring, Jose Mourinho made comments during an interview saying that his team needs a Brazilian.
A Brazil international, midfielder Fred, became the first summer addition to the roster at Old Trafford earlier this summer.
Shortly after the signing was announced, Willian publicly backed Fred to succeed greatly at United. It’s all adding up to fresh speculation that Willian could be reuniting with Mourinho again this summer.
Or at the very least, United is trying to make it happen. A new report in the Daily Mail says that is the case, and that United are willing to spend £60 million to make it happen.
The 29-year-old, who only started 20 Premier League games for the Blues this past season, has two years left on his current deal.
His lack of first-team football at Stamford Bridge is certainly motivation enough to move on from a side that will be relegated to the Europa League next season.
Also, we saw Willian’s very bizarre behavior on social media after the season ended with Chelsea beating United 1-0 in the FA Cup final.
The winger’s future at the Bridge is uncertain, and Mourinho did aggressively acquire him once before.
Mourinho fended off interest from Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur to bring him to Chelsea from Shakhtar Donetsk in 2013.
Reporter reveals where Chelsea FC star wants to move this summer
Thibaut Courtois is hoping to secure a move to Atletico Madrid or Real Madrid this summer, Duncan Castles says.
The Chelsea FC shot-stopper is facing an uncertain future at the west London side given the Belgium international has 12 months remaining on his current deal.
The Blues goalkeeper has been regularly linked with a move to Real Madrid over the past few seasons as a potential replacement for Keylor Navas.
Chelsea FC sent Courtois out on loan for three seasons at Atletico Madrid where he won the La Liga title and reached the Champions League final.
Courtois’ former girlfriend and two children are still in Madrid to provide one reason why the Belgian goalkeeper would like to return to Madrid.
Sunday Times reporter Castles confirmed that Courtois is looking to leave the 2017 Premier League champions and secure a return to Madrid.
“He has told Chelsea he won’t sign a new offer,” Castles told the Transfer Window podcast.
“He is hoping to move this summer. He is prepared to wait to be out of a contract to move on a free.
“He would like a move ideally to Real Madrid. He sees the possibility of Atletico Madrid if Jan Oblak leaves.
“Courtois is a serious problem for Chelsea. Chelsea values him at 100m. I don’t see them getting that money.”
Antonio Conte’s side finished in the fifth spot in the Premier League table to miss out on a Champions League spot next term.
The Italian coach is expected to leave Stamford Bridge this summer amid talk of Maurizio Sarri taking over the reins at Chelsea FC.