Report: Chelsea agree to Morata loan exit

Reports from Tuttosport suggest that Premier League giants Chelsea have given a green light to the idea of sending Alvaro Morata on loan to Juventus.

The 25-year-old Morata joined Chelsea from La Liga giants Real Madrid for a move in the region of 60 million pounds, but the Spaniard has not settled in since then, having struggled to find his feet in the Premier League.

He has scored 11 times and has assisted six times in 30 appearances, but Morata has cut a frustrating figure, having failed to impress.

Tuttosport report that the Blues have accepted the idea of sending the striker out on loan, with Juventus set to express their willingness to sign him on a two-year long loan deal.

After the loan deal, the Old Lady will sign Morata on a permanent basis and will pay 15 million euros for the loan deal and will shell out 45 million euros when they sign him on a permanent basis. The total fee will be 60 million euros.

It is said that Morata would love returning to Juventus and this will make sure that handing him a salary would not be too much of a problem.

Juve’s hopes of signing Morata would have increased since it was learnt that PSG will be subjected to FFP restrictions in the upcoming summer and the French giants will not be able to spend too much on players.

Chelsea given boost in top four race with key Liverpool forward a major doubt for Brighton clash

Chelsea have been given a slight glimmer of hope in the race for the top four with Sadio Mane an injury doubt for Liverpool this weekend.

After the Blues could only draw with Huddersfield Town in midweek, Antonio Conte’s side now need Brighton & Hove Albion to spring a major surprise at Anfield by collecting all three points.

A draw between the Reds and Seagulls could also see Chelsea seal a top four place, although that is extremely unlikely given that they would need to beat Newcastle at St James’ Park by at least 16 goals.

With Liverpool expected to round off an impressive campaign by beating Brighton, they may have to do it without Mane.

The Senegal international has played a major role for the Reds this season but injury may prevent him from playing on Merseyside.

Having picked up a knock during last weekend’s defeat at Chelsea, the ex-Southampton man has been forced to miss a number of training sessions at Melwood over the course of the week.

Although he was involved in the warm-up with his teammates on Friday, he didn’t play a full part in the session.

Speaking to the press ahead of the final day of the league season, Jurgen Klopp was unsure if his star man would be fit enough to play

“We will see. It is not the same injury. It’s a fresh problem,” said the German, as reported by the Liverpool Echo.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*