‘I’d prefer him to Conte’ … Chelsea fans demand 58-year-old replaces under-fire Blues boss

The pressure grew on under-fire Chelsea manager Antonio Conte as his side suffered a surprise 3-0 defeat at home to Bournemouth at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night, and Blues fans have urged the club to sack the Italian and replace him with former boss Carlo Ancelotti, with the 58-year-old currently unattached having been sacked by Bayern Munich earlier in the campaign.

While the west London outfit won the Premier League title last term, they look to face a battle to finish in the top four this season with their loss against the Cherries leaving them in fourth, but only two points above a Tottenham Hotspur team that beat Manchester United 2-0 at Wembley on Wednesday.

Their exit from the EFL Cup at the semi-final stage and their poor form in the league has seen the pressure increase on Conte, who has also been unhappy at the club’s transfer business in the past – although the Italian would have been pleased to get deals for Emerson Palmieri and Olivier Giroud across the line late in the January transfer window.

Chelsea supporters were quick to have their say on their manager’s future via social media after the shock home defeat, and while one said they “would prefer a calming influence like Ancelotti”, another simply said “sack Conte, bring back Ancelotti”.

Here is just a selection of the Twitter reaction…

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*