CHELSEA news is coming thick and fast this month and we bring you the latest from Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea news LIVE updates: Follow the latest from Stamford Bridge
Thursday 4 January
Luiz makes Real Madrid contact
07.45: David Luiz has contacted Florentino Perez to try and seal a move to Real Madrid, according to reports in Spain.
The Chelsea defender is out in the cold following a bust up with Antonio Conte.
And he knows his days are numbered in west London.
Express Sport reported that Real Madrid were among those interested in the Brazil defender.
And Don Balon now claim Luiz has made contact to try and seal a transfer.
Alex Sandro latest
07.30: Chelsea and Manchester United look set to be frustrated in their pursuit of Alex Sandro.
Juventus are desperate to keep the left-back according to the Independent and will try and keep him beyond January.
Chelsea and United are both tracking the Brazil defender and want him in this month.
Chelsea tried and failed to sign him in the summer but are expected to launch another move.
07.15: Chelsea have made a £33m bid for Arturo Vidal as they look to get the ball rolling on their January business.
Chelsea have long been linked with a move for Arturo Vidal due to the strong ties between the Chile international and Antonio Conte.
The pair worked together at Juventus and Conte made no attempt to hide his admiration for the 30-year-old last month when asked about a potential January deal.
The Blues have an opportunity to sign Vidal for a cut-price fee this month as he has just a year-and-a-half left on his contract.
And Colombian journalist Pipe Sierra has claimed that is exactly what the Stamford Bridge club have attempted to do, making an opening £33m bid for the midfielder.
“Confirmed, Chelsea makes official contact with Bayern Munich to sign Arturo Vidal,” the Radio Colombia reporter wrote on Twitter.
“The negotiation began with a first offer of €37m [£33m], the Germans want €60m [£53m].”
07.00: Antonio Conte has told Alvaro Morata to be calm after he failed to find the net against Arsenal.
Morata drew a blank in the draw with Arsenal at the Emirates last night despite getting a number of chances.
But Conte was supportive of the striker.
“The only thing I can tell him is to continue to work, to stay calm and to continue to work this way for the team,” Conte said.
“If he continues to work in this way, the chances arrive for him and the other players. I repeat I understand for a striker it’s not easy if you don’t score, but don’t forget for Alvaro it’s his first season playing regularly. He didn’t always play with Real Madrid and Juventus. You have to know this. I’m very happy with his commitment and the way he’s playing. He has to stay calm continue to play this way. The goal is coming.
“It’s not a lucky period for him. Yeah, in the last game against Stoke City, I said it’s very important for the striker to have the chance to score. Today, I think he had the chances to score, but this is football and I’m very happy for his commitment and effort for the team. For sure, for a striker it’s very important to score as if you score your confidence goes up, and if you don’t your confidence can go down.
“He’s very young, he has to work, he will see the goal coming.”