Chelsea have reportedly offered Arturo Vidal a mega-money four-year contract worth £13.5m-per-season.
Blues boss Antonio Conte is a huge fan of the Chile midfielder and wants to lure him away from Bayern Munich.
ITASportPress claim Chelsea have tabled a huge deal to the 30-year-old.
It is said the two clubs will now have to come to an agreement over a transfer fee suggesting any move is still a long way off.
Eden Hazard has reportedly turned down a second contract offer from Chelsea amid rumours he wants to join Real Madrid.
The Belgian’s current terms expire in 2020 and the Blues are desperate to tie him down to a longer deal.
But the 26-year-old rejected their opening offer last month and rumours have sparked that he is holding out for a move to Real.
Now RMC Sport report Hazard has rebuffed another offer from Chelsea and he does not want to extend his terms at all at the moment.
Roy Hodgson is keen for Crystal Palace to try and sign Ruben Loftus-Cheek permanently following Ross Barkley’s £15m move to Chelsea.
The Palace boss said: “The way Ruben has been playing for us, he is a player we would like to have at our club, there is no question about that.
“We are very impressed with him. We are delighted with the way he has developed as a player in the time he has been at the club.
“I am pretty sure if he were ever available for sale, we would be in there with our hands up as a potential buyer.
“But it could well be that Chelsea would want both Ross Barkley and Ruben Loftus-Cheek in their team. I wouldn’t mind both of them in my team.”
Chelsea new boy Ross Barkley says he is back in training and ‘feeling great’ after overcoming a major hamstring injury that has sidelined him since the beginning of the season.
The England international required surgery on the injury – and revealed his horrific scar on Instagram – and failed to make an appearance in any competition for Everton as a result.
But Chelsea fans may not have to wait long to see their new man in action, with Barkley confirming that he returned to full training two weeks ago and is ready to fight for a place in the Chelsea team.
Barkley scored five league goals and laid on eight assists last season. He told Chelsea TV:
‘Yeah I’m feeling great now. ‘I had a difficult time, I was out for six months with my hamstring injury but now I’ve been training for two weeks and feeling great.
‘I’m looking forward to kicking on and getting playing as soon as possible. He continued:
‘I always respond well to injury. I know how to deal with them because I broke my leg as a young lad.
‘I’ve had big injuries, and I always come back better from them. So I’m not making any excuses, I’m looking forward to getting started and improving as a player.’
Barkley, who was out of contract in the summer, completed a bargain £15m move to Stamford Bridge on Friday and will wear Frank Lampard’s old No.8 shirt.T