Chelsea News Live Updates: Dzeko And Palmieri Deals, Courtois Decision, Conte Future

Chelsea news LIVE updates: Follow all the latest from Stamford Bridge

Wednesday 24 January

Dzeko and Palmieri moves

05:30: SKY Italy reporter Ghilda Pensante has claimed Roma are willing to sell both Edin Dzeko and Emerson Palmieri this month because of financial fair play regulations in the summer.

Chelsea are closing in on a sensational double swoop on the Italian side to complete deals for both Dzeko and Emerson.

The deal is likely to cost Chelsea £52million with bonuses as well.

And Pensante claims Roma’s financial situation is the reason why they are willing to let both Dzeko and Emerson leave.

“Chelsea’s offer is very good but why Roma want to sell both Dzeko and Emerson is because by the end of June Roma will have to cash in because of the financial fair play regulations,” Pensante told Sky Sports’ Transfer Talk podcast.

“Selling some players could be necessary by June and also now.

“Roma already have a Dzeko replacement at home because back in August they signed 21-year-old Patrick Sheek from Sampdoria so if Dzeko was to leave they already have a young forward to replace Dzeko.”

Thibaut Courtois decision

04:45: Chelsea face a fight on their hands to keep Thibaut Courtois with both Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid battling for his signature, and the goalkeeper has already decided what he wants to do.

Real have been long been after a new goalkeeper with David De Gea and Courtois often linked with a move to the Bernabeu.

Chelsea have attempted to tie Courtois down to a new deal for some time now and he hinted last month he will sign when Eden Hazard does the same.

But negotiations are still ongoing with no breakthrough as of yet.

And PSG have jumped on the uncertainty surrounding Courtois’ future by making a “great offer” to tempt him into leaving Stamford Bridge.

That’s according to Spanish newspaper AS, who claim PSG have moved ahead of Real in terms of making a concrete offer.

Antonio Conte future

04:00: Chelsea don’t seem to have a clue as to who they might replace Antonio Conte with, according to ESPN pundit Craig Burley.

A couple of names have been bandied about in case Conte leaves, with former Barcelona boss Luis Enrique supposedly considered a potential candidate.

When asked about whether the west London outfit’s season could unravel as they face Arsenal and Barcelona in the Carabao Cup and Champions League respectively, Burley was quick to point the finger at Conte.

“I think it adds to the fact that Conte won’t be there anyway,” Burley said on ESPN.

“I think it is dragging the whole ship down there.

“I don’t think there is any long-term strategy in terms of the management.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*