Chelsea star fires transfer ultimatum at Antonio Conte amid Man Utd links

David Luiz has told Antonio Conte he will leave Chelsea unless he is handed his first-team spot back, according to reports.

Brazilian defender Luiz was involved in a spat with Conte last month following the 3-0 Champions League defeat to Roma.

He was dropped for the following Premier League clash against rivals Manchester United and then suffered a knee injury which ruled him out for three weeks.

Luiz is closing in on a return from the treatment room but is not guaranteed to replace the impressive Andreas Christensen in the side.

In the aftermath of his feud with manager Conte, Luiz was linked with a move to Manchester United and Real Madrid.

And the Brazil international told the Italian during a meeting this week that he is demanding regular first-team football to stay at Stamford Bridge, according to the Daily Express.

It is claimed Luiz, 30, who returned to Chelsea from Paris Saint-Germain last year, has also emerged as a target for German giants Bayern Munich.

Chelsea 2017/18 Fixtures

Southampton (H) – Sat Dec 16

Bournemouth (H) – Wed Dec 20 (EFL Cup)

Everton (A) – Sat Dec 23

Brighton (H) – Tues Dec 26

Stoke City (H) – Sat Dec 30

Asked about Luiz’s future at the club last week, Conte said: ‘I think now is not the right moment to speak about this.

‘There are a lot of games before the transfer window and now is not the right time – this is not important.’

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.