We bring you Chelsea news and gossip, with all the latest on John Terry, David Luiz and Marcos Alonso.
Blues legend John Terry has highlighted which four players Antonio Conte must build his team around to succeed at Stamford Bridge.
“When you look at it, the likes of Andreas (Christensen) coming in, Eden (Hazard), Willian, Pedro, all still young boys,” he said on Monday Night Football.
“So I think naturally that happens, that evolves.
“I think what they’ll offer is something different.
“I think the Premier League has gone to a different level with speed and quickness and the power of the players these days.”
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is eyeing a sensational swoop for Chelsea star David Luiz.
The Frenchman wants to bolster his defence and is considering a £30m bid for the out of favour centre back in next month’s transfer window.
Chelsea boss Antonio Conte had a bust-up with the 30-year-old Brazilian last month and left him out of his squad for the visit of Manchester United.
Since then Luiz has made just one appearance, in a Champions League victory at Qarabag.
Conte insists his absence has been due to a knee injury.
But the Italian has already shown with his axing of striker Diego Costa – who was sold to Atletico Madrid after being dumped by text by his boss – that he has no time for rebels in his squad.
Marcos Alonso believes his side must win their remaining 20 Premier League games of the season to have any hope of retaining the title.
He said: “We have to do what is in our hands and win our games.
“It was very disappointing the defeat against West Ham.
“But the response this week was good and this is the way to follow in our next few games.
“Big teams have to do this and we did it this week.
“It is still a long way to go and we have to win every game now.”