Chelsea News Live Updates: Hazard Real Madrid Latest, Ballon d’or Claim, Conte Fury

Chelsea news LIVE updates: Follow below for the latest news and gossip from Stamford Bridge

Thursday 7 December

Hazard contacted by Real Madrid

08.00: Zinedine Zidane and Florentino Perez have been in touch with Eden Hazard.

It emerged earlier this week that Hazard was stalling on a new deal at Chelsea in the hope to attract interest from Real Madrid.

And now it is being claimed that the Madrid boss and president have in contact with Hazard.

Diario Gol claim Zidane has been granted permission to sign the Chelsea star.

Hazard needs to be tied down

07.30: Michael Essien says Chelsea need to tie down Eden Hazard as soon as possible.

“He could go to Real Madrid to win the Balon d’Or easier,” Essien told Goal.

“When we talk about Eden, he is such a good player. He’s very quick, very good on the ball. He’s very strong, he may be little but he is strong, trust me! It is hard to get the ball off him.

“He’s such a good player and we’re happy to have him at Chelsea but I’d understand why Madrid would be looking at him. He is proving it week-in, week-out. At the moment he is the most important player [at Chelsea]. When you have Hazard, he can always do something.

“He can always create something to do something with the ball. He makes goals for himself or others. He has that magic touch. I think that Chelsea need to renew his contract. You don’t want your best players to leave and we need him at the club.

“I think he is only motivated about playing football, he just enjoys playing football. It would take a lot of money to replace him [at Chelsea] but I hope that they can tie him down for a long time.”

Conte charge

07.00: Antonio Conte has been hit with an £8,000 fine by the FA.

Conte was raging on the sidelines as his side beat Swansea last weekend.

He was sent to the stands by referee Neil Swarbrick and was charged by the Football Association.

“Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has been fined £8,000 after he admitted an FA misconduct charge and accepted the standard penalty,” read an FA statement.

“It follows his sending-off against Swansea City on 29 November.”

Conte explained the incident by saying: “The problem is I was frustrated because the opponents were wasting time.

“I tried to tell this to the fourth official not only once but a few times.

“But I have apologised because I did the wrong thing. I have been in to see them after the game. It’s right to speak and apologise with them.

“I don’t know if it was fair [to be sent off] but we have to respect this decision.

“Sometimes there is a lot of frustration like in this case but sometime you can make a mistake and I did this.”

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*