According to reports in The Mirror, Chelsea have been alerted to the fact that in demand Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale could be available for £85m, and Blues fans have been quick to have their say on the rumour.
The Mirror says that the La Liga giants are ready to cash in on the 28-year-old after becoming frustrated with his frequent injury problems – he is expected to be out until 2018 with a thigh issue – but the west London outfit could face competition for the Welshman’s signature from Premier League rivals Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur.
The report says that the Blues have shown interest in Bale previously, and they could move for him if Antonio Conte wants to strengthen his attacking options.
Chelsea supporters took to social media to give their thoughts on the transfer story, and while one said he “would never even play” because of his injury issues, another said ‘he’d still do more than Willian’.
Here is just a selection of the Twitter reaction…
Bale LWB, Goretzka CM.
— FRANCO (@franco_47nm) November 12, 2017
Imagine Gareth Bale on the RW, hazard on the Left w/Morata up top. And a midfield with Kante-Ruben LC-Bakayoko
🔥🔥🔥🔥 #chelsea please make it happen
— bryce (@ibrycent) November 12, 2017
I'd still take Bale at Chelsea
— Damion Kurtis (@DMeisterrr) November 12, 2017
He’d still do far more for us with the repetitive injuries than Willian does in a season lol
— Los Blues (@CFCLosBlues) November 12, 2017
Wouldn’t mind Bale at Chelsea but Real are going to want crazy money for him
— Michyology (@DonBatshuayi) November 12, 2017
No way, Bale would miss more games than he’d play and Isco wouldn’t fit our system
— Loan Marina to Vitesse (@LoftusSleek) November 12, 2017
Bale would never even play at chelsea… only recovering from injury , over and over again..
— RFZ_#CFC (@RFZ_94) November 12, 2017
Please not Chelsea!
— Jackie P (@Jackie___P) November 11, 2017
Chelsea will use Solanke call-up in tribunal case against Liverpool
Chelsea will add Dominic Solanke’s call-up to the England senior squad as part of their case to put toward a tribunal over his transfer to Liverpool.
Solanke, along with Norwich City’s Angus Gunn and Bournemouth’s Lewis Cook, was promoted from the Under-21 squad over the weekend and given the lack of strikers in the squad, could even make his debut at some point against Brazil on Tuesday night.
Chelsea are waiting to get a transfer fee for the 20-year-old, who moved to Anfield in the summer.
Rules regarding home-grown players dictate that Chelsea are still entitled to compensation, even though his contract had expired, because he is under 24.
Chelsea rejected Liverpool’s offer of £3m and as Standard Sport reported in June, the Blues are demanding in excess of £10m.
Chelsea’s case had already been strengthened by Solanke’s performance at the Under 20s World Cup, with the striker finishing top scorer and named player of the tournament as England won the tournament.
He has already made 10 appearances for Liverpool’s first team too and an England call-up only strengthens Chelsea’s position further.
Chelsea trained Solanke from the age of eight and a player’s potential future is one of the factors taken into account when the tribunal meets to decide the price.
Being drafted into England’s senior squad is another factor for them to point to whenever the case is heard. No date has been set yet.