Chelsea News Live Updates: Conte Challenges Morata, Courtois Misses Costa, Sandro Jan Move

CHELSEA are back on form after a difficult start to the season and Express Sport bring you the latest news and gossip from Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea news live updates: Follow here for the latest news and gossip from Stamford Bridge

Monday 25 September

Alex Sandro still on the radar

07.20: Chelsea will go back in for Juventus ace Alex Sandro in January.

The Blues tried to get the fullback this summer but were unable to convince Juve to sell.

But transfer market web claim Chelsea, and Manchester City, will make moves when the transfer window re-opens.

However it is claimed Juve will reject all approaches in January and hang on to him until next summer.

Sandro was keen on a move to Chelsea and the Blues were ready to make him the most expensive defender in the world but still failed to push through a deal.

Conte challenges Morata

07.00: Antonio Conte has challenged Alvaro Morata to become an elite striker.

Morata netted a hat-trick in the 3-0 win over Stoke on Saturday.

And he now has six goals in five six Premier League games.

And Conte wants him to keep going.

“Don’t forget his previous experience,” he said.

“He didn’t play a lot with Juventus and Real Madrid but now he has a great chance to show that he is a really good striker, a fantastic striker.

“He’s very young, only 24 years, and I think this is important for Chelsea.

“I think now he’s involved totally in our style of football, in our idea. He’s very strong and he showed he’s a really good, complete player.

“He adapted very well to this league but now he has to continue to work and improve because he’s only starting.”

Courtois misses Costa

06.45: Thibaut Courtois admits he will miss Diego Costa and insists he was underrated in the Premier League.

Costa finally sealed his move to Atletico Madrid last week after a summer of controversy.

The Blues signed Alvaro Morata to replace him after missing out on Romelu Lukaku and Courtois is pleased with his contribution so far.

“Diego was an under-rated striker here in England,” he said. “People paid too much attention to him being a little bully on the field rather than looking at his quality.

“He is one of the nicest, funniest guys I know. He is also a top striker, so I am happy that until New Year we will not have to face him.

“He was always a nice guy in the dressing room and I have known him for six years.

“But we have bought a new striker and he is doing well so we have to move on. As a friend I will miss Diego, and a player, but Alvaro is doing his job so we are happy.

“A striker lives off goals and he has already scored a few important ones.”

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*