Chelsea On Verge Of Double Swoop After Agreeing £28m Deal To Sign 27-Year-Old

Managers are now pressing ahead with their plans for the final days of the summer transfer window so we’ll bring you all the latest news and gossip from around the globe. Today, Chelsea are closing-in on Danny Drinkwater.

Chelsea are closing-in on a big-money double deal after agreeing a £28m fee with Leicester City to sign Danny Drinkwater, according to reports in France via The Sun.

Antonio Conte has been desperately trying to further strengthen his midfield options after losing Nemanja Matic to Manchester United while Nathan Chalobah also joined Watford this summer.

Tiemoue Bakayoko arrived from Monaco but the Blues boss wanted another option in the middle of the park and Drinkwater emerged as a prime target earlier this month.

After weeks of negotiations that saw Chelsea’s opening £15m offer rejected, The Sun are citing reports from SFR Sport that claim the Blues have now agreed a £28m fee with Leicester.

The French publication says the Foxes have already identified Paris Saint-Germain’s Gregorz Krychowiak as Drinkwater’s replacement after deciding to cash-in on the England international.

The 27-year-old enjoyed an excellent partnership alongside N’Golo Kante during Leicester’s title-winning campaign in 2015 and it looks as though the pair are now set to be reunited in west London.

It means Chelsea are now closing-in on a £63m double swoop as The Sun claim they also agreed a £35m deal with Arsenal to sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain today.

The 23-year-old is now expected to undergo his medical and discuss personal terms ahead of his move to Stamford Bridge before the transfer window slams shut on Thursday night.

Oxlade-Chamberlain can play in midfield or out wide in attack but the England ace is expected to provide stiff competition to Victor Moses in the right wing-back role once he completes his switch to Chelsea.

So it looks as though it’s going to be a busy few days at the defending champions as Conte is also being tipped to bring in another forward before the end of the month.

More Breaking News:

Torino Chief tells Chelsea what to pay for Andrea Belotti

Torino Sporting Director Gianluca Petrachi has revealed he and the club will be helpless if Chelsea make an acceptable offer for Andrea Belotti.

Belotti has been a target of Antonio Conte having sent scouts to watch the Torino hit man a number of times last season.

Several reports suggested earlier this summer, Chelsea had made a bid for the Italian striker’s services but was rejected by Toirino who value Belotti at €100m.

Petrachi told Rai Sports, Chelsea must pay the full amount in his release clause to prise their target away.

Belotti scored 26 goals last season and has already began scoring this season with a spectacular goal last weekend against Sassuolo.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*