Chelsea are set to complete a deal to sign Antonio Candreva from Inter Milan for £22.6m, according to an Italian journalist.
Blues boss Antonio Conte is thought to be on the lookout for further reinforcements at wing-back this summer and the 30-year-old Italian international has been touted as a big target.
Now, journalist Enzo Bucchioni claims that the versatile player, who would compete with Marcos Alonso and Victor Moses for either of the wing-back slots, is set to join the Premier League champions.
Writing for Tutto Mercato Web, Bucchioni said: ‘At the same time, the Nerazzurri [Inter] are selling Candreva to Chelsea for €25m (£22.6m).
‘The British had offered defender [Andreas] Christensen, 21, in part-exchange. Inter disagreed.’
Despite the reports, Inter Milan sporting director Piero Ausilio appeared to rule out a move, saying that Candreva was going no where.
“Every now and then, things are going to be a bit special, especially in the situation of Candreva,” Ausilio told Mediaset Premium.
“He was bought last year, he is a national and he has never been put on the market and we never thought of giving it away.”
Chelsea have already completed four signings this summer, bringing in Willy Caballero, Antonio Rudiger, Tiemoue Bakayoko and Alvaro Morata.
Despite this, the west London side are still looking for further reinforcements as they prepare for a return to the Champions League next season.
Ahead of their first league game against Burnley next week, Conte’s side will take on Arsenal in the Community Shield at Wembley on Sunday afternoon, as they look to lift the first piece of silverware on offer this season.
Would Antonio Candreva be a good signing for Chelsea? Have your say and leave a comment below.