Chelsea prepared to offer £180,000 a week to 24-year-old attacker, claims insider

Chelsea are prepared to match Arsenal’s offer of £180,000 a week for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, according to Kaveh Solhekol.

The Premier League champions are interested in signing the England international from their London rivals in the summer transfer window.

Oxlade-Chamberlain has entered the final 12 months of his Arsenal contract after failing to agree terms with the Gunners about a new deal.

The 24-year-old midfielder has been linked with a potential move to Chelsea over the past month or so as Antonio Conte looks to add depth to his squad.

Liverpool have also been touted as a potential option for Oxlade-Chamberlain should the England star decide to leave the Emirates Stadium this summer.

Sky Sports News reporter Solhekol revealed that Chelsea are willing to match Arsenal’s contract offer of £180,000 a week for the ex Southampton midfielder.

“Let’s stay at Chelsea. We know they are going to be signing more players in the next six days,” Solhekol told Sky Sports News on Friday.

“One of their main targets is Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. He has just one year left on his Arsenal deal and he held talks with the club about a new contract on Thursday.

“We’re told Arsenal have offered him a new deal worth up to £180,000 a week. Chelsea will have no problem at all matching those terms. Arsenal would lose him for nothing next summer if he doesn’t sign a new deal.”

Chelsea have signed four players in the summer transfer window as Antonio Conte looks to prepare his squad for a return to the Champions League.

The defending champions were 2-1 winners against Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley last weekend as Chelsea registered their first victory over the 2017-18 season.

Arsenal, on the other hand, lost 1-0 to Stoke City at The Britannia following 4-3 win against Leicester City.

More Breaking News:

Willian should not be signed by Barca, he’d be a PR disaster- report

Willian failed to hold down a regular starting spot under Antonio Conte last season.

Barcelona meanwhile, are assessing a number of targets, as they seek to replace Neymar, who joined Paris Saint-Germain in a world-record deal worth £200million.

The Catalan giants have been pushing for Philippe Coutinho, but so far have seen three bids rejected.

Liverpool are still holding firm and supposedly will reject a final bid of £138m from Barca for Coutinho should it be tabled.

Although Barca have wrapped up a deal for Ousmane Dembele, Willian has emerged as an alternative with a move for Coutinho faltering.

But Castles thinks Willian moving to the Blues wouldn’t be good from a marketing perspective as he doesn’t fit the profile of player they are after.

“From a football perspective it makes sense to get Willian at reasonable price,” Castles told The Transfer Window podcast.

“He’d be a better addition to the Barca squad than Philippe [Coutinho] is.

“From a PR perspective, which is the perspective Barcelona are working from, it doesn’t work for them because Willian isn’t a glamour player.

“He’s not a designed target – he’d been seen as a player who was the 12th man and in many ways he’s expendable.

“It doesn’t look good for the board if he’s the man to replace Neymar.

“The future of the board is on the line.”

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*