Antonio Conte has insisted that the Chelsea board are working hard to try and bring in more players before the close of the transfer window at the end of the month.
The Blues have been relatively busy in the summer transfer window so far as Conte looks to try and steer his team towards a successful defence of their Premier League title.
The west London side have signed four players so far, after having tied up deals for Willy Caballero, Antonio Rudiger, Alvaro Morata and Tiemoue Bakayoko.
However, Conte has made it clear that he is still looking to further strengthen his squad as he prepares his team to be able to compete on four fronts this season.
And the Chelsea boss, speaking after his side’s 2-1 win over Tottenham on Sunday, insisted that the Blues are working hard behind the scenes to bring in more players this summer.
Conte told his post-match news conference at Wembley: “It’s not important if we are not favourites in this league. It was the same last season.
“We know we are trying to improve our team, our squad, and the club is trying to do its best in the transfer market to try and improve the team and the squad.”
Chelsea are now preparing for their Premier League clash against Everton at Stamford Bridge on Sunday afternoon as they look to make it back to back wins in the top flight.
The Blues will make a return to the group stage of the Champions League next month after their title triumph last term.
More Breaking News:
Ryan Mason’s career hanging in balance seven months on from clash of heads with Chelsea’s Gary Cahill.
Hull City manager Leonid Slutsky admits Ryan Mason’s football career hangs in the balance seven months on from his sickening head injury.
Slutsky said the England international midfielder would consult a third specialist to see whether he can play again after two specialists gave different opinions.
Mason, 26, spent eight days in hospital after a clash of heads with Chelsea defender Gary Cahill at Stamford Bridge on January 22.
The Tigers’ £13million record signing was placed in an induced coma and had 14 plates inserted after fracturing his skull.
Speaking after the 2-0 Carabao Cup defeat away at Doncaster, the Russian said: “It is a difficult situation on Mason, we have a difference of opinion and we are seeing a third doctor on Monday.
“It is not just about football but about his life. He wants to play but it is not an easy situation. It is more than football.”
In the wake of Slutsky’s comments, Hull City fans were quick to send their best wishes to Mason.
In May, Mason paid tribute to all of those who’d helped him – from the medical staff immediately on the scene at Stamford Bridge to the public and media for their support.
Reflecting on the incident, Mason told Hull City’s official YouTube channel he “remembers everything clearly” but that it was just an “unfortunate” incident.
“Luckily I had the right people around me from the second it happened to help me with my recovery. And that’s what been happening ever since,” he said.
Mason returned to light training in the summer but neither the player nor the club put a date or time on his return.