Antonio Conte sends clear message to Chelsea fans about Eden Hazard

Antonio Conte has told Chelsea fans that Eden Hazard is not yet fully fit as the playmaker continues his recovery from a broken ankle.

The 26-year-old is yet to feature for Chelsea this season after suffering a broken ankle while on international duty with Belgium at the start of the summer.

Hazard has been working hard on his rehabilitation at Chelsea’s Cobham training ground in recent weeks as he looks to try and get match fit as quickly as possible.

However, the forward is not likely to be fit for Chelsea’s clash with Everton at Stamford Bridge in the Premier League on Sunday afternoon.

Despite not having played for Chelsea so far this summer, Hazard has been called up to the Belgium squad for their forthcoming World Cup qualifiers.

However, Chelsea boss Conte has warned that the attacker is not yet completely fit.

Speaking at his pre-match news conference on Friday afternoon, Conte said: “Hazard is improving and, in the afternoon today [Friday], he’s playing with the U23s against Everton. But he’s not fully fit.

“If Hazard is ready, why doesn’t he play with us? Why is he playing with the U23s to continue to try and improve his form?

“I see him every day, I see him every day and I repeat: in this situation, it’s very important to give the right time to players to recover very well.”

Chelsea are looking to win their first Premier League home game of the season after their shock 3-2 loss to Burnley in their opener earlier this month.

The Blues are preparing to make a return to the Champions League next month after they were drawn against Atletico Madrid, Roma and Qarabag in Group C.

More Breaking News:

The 19-year-old ran down his contract at Stamford Bridge and moved to Anfield earlier this summer.

But Solanke’s switch, due to his age, means Chelsea are entitled to compensation from the Reds.

The Premier League champions have been demanding £10m for Solanke, who shone in their youth team.

However, Liverpool believe he should cost just £3m.

According to the Mirror, neither club has budged on their valuations.

As a result, a tribunal is now the most likely outcome to finally reach an agreement.

Chelsea developed Solanke and the England youth striker certainly has a bright future ahead of him.

He helped England win the Under-20 World Cup this summer and was crowned Player of the Tournament.

But while at Stamford Bridge, Solanke couldn’t earn a route into the first team, making just one appearance in the 2014/15 campaign.

At Liverpool, though, Jurgen Klopp has already indicated he sees Solanke as a real part of his plans going forward.

The teenager came off the bench for the final 20 minutes of last Saturday’s 1-0 Premier League win over Crystal Palace.

And he could feature when Arsenal travel to Merseyside today (4pm).

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*