Eden Hazard has reached an agreement to join Real Madrid this summer, according to reports in Belgium.
Sports / Football Magazine claims that during the international break in November, the Chelsea forward held talks with Madrid’s director general, Jose Angel Sanchez, in Brussels.
It’s claimed that Sanchez told Hazard that Madrid view him as the successor to Cristiano Ronaldo on the left flank, while the Belgian’s potential salary was also discussed.
Zinedine Zidane has also asked Madrid president Florentino Perez to make the signing of Hazard their top priority this summer.
Sport / Football Magazine also claim that Hazard told a close friend a few years ago: ‘My plan, winning the title with Chelsea and being voted the best player of the Premier League, after which I want to sign at Real Madrid and win the Golden Ball.
‘Then I want to finish my career at PSG.’
On Tuesday, Hazard confirmed that contract talks with Chelsea have been postponed until the end of the season.
The 26-year-old, whose current £200,000-a-week contract expires in 2020, has reportedly been offered a £300,000-a-week deal by Chelsea which would make him the highest-paid player in the Premier League.
‘There is no sign of a new contract for the moment. I am focused on the last month, and we will talk later,’ he said.