Following the win down on the south-coast, against Bournemouth, Chelsea moved a step closer to winning the 2016 / 2017 season.
The gap, at the top of the table between Chelsea and Tottenham is seven points with seven games to go, with the pundits suggesting the title is Chelsea`s to lose.
Following the fine win here at Vital Chelsea we delved into the record and form books to bring you a few facts and figures:
• The jewel in the Chelsea crown, Eden Hazard, had now scored 4 goals in his last 3 appearances against Bournemouth.
• Hazard has now scored 14 goals for Chelsea, in all competitions, this season, that matches his best ever haul with Eden also having scored 14 twice before, in 2013 / 2014 and 2014 / 2015.
• N`Golo Kante has had an impressive first season at Stamford Bridge but the assist he provided for Hazard against Bournemouth was his first of the season.
• Joshua King is on an impressive run for Bournemouth, the striker has, including his goal against Chelsea, scored 10 goals in his last 11 appearances compared to 3 in the previous 20, only Romelu Lukaku and Harry Kane have scored more Premier League goals in 2017.
• The superb free-kick netted by Marcos Alonso yesterday was his 5th Premier League goal of the season, when it comes to defenders only James Milner (Liverpool) with 6 and Gareth McAuley (West Brom) with 6 have scored more.