Press Conference – Antonio Conte gives updates on Hazard’s injury, Victor Moses and much more

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte confirmed that Eden Hazard took a knock in training, however should be available for Monday night.

The Blues forward is having another influential season for the club and will be key to Chelsea’s success at the Hammers.

Chelsea returned from a few days’ off on Wednesday, and Conte admitted that Hazard had taken some sort of knock.

He said: “[There is] Nothing important, a little problem for Hazard. He got kicked, but nothing serious. Everything else with the team is fine. It was something in the training on Wednesday. I don’t remember who kicked him. Nothing more serious.”

One area that Chelsea have struggled at the moment is from headers, with five of their last six goals coming from the opposition’s head.

Andy Carroll is one of the best in the business at attacking the ball in the box, and Conte is hoping to avenge the EFL Cup loss earlier in the season.

“The result wasn’t good [from EFL Cup]. We want to take three points, it is a difficult game. We all know the difficulty against West Ham. We are preparing very well this game, with great commitment and focus,” he added.

“For sure it will be a tough game. Also, we will know the other results of other teams. For sure it will be the pressure, but we are ready and are ready to play this game and be better than the last game.

“Carroll is a really good player, very strong and we must pay great attention. I think we must pay attention for the whole squad.

“EFL Cup they beat us, we are preparing for different solution to limit the strength of our opponent. It is important to play our idea of football, our philosophy and play football, high intensity. If you face a player that is fast, another that is very strong physically, we are preparing well.”

One player that is going back to a former club is Victor Moses, who also signed a new deal with the club.

The Nigeria international was given a two-year extension on his contract, running until 2021, and Conte believes Moses earned his new deal.

“It is right to say he deserved a new contract. He is a great guy and player. Great technique and he deserved this. When I saw him in pre-season, I was clear for him to stay the whole season. He said he was very happy to stay and improve and play for Chelsea. No one person gave him something.”

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*