Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea – Initial Reaction & Game Analysis
The league cup semi-final couldn’t have had a better draw, with the blues travelling to the Merseyside Red to take on “Momentum Gaining” Liverpool, Who were brimming with confidence after 6 wins on the trot.
With back to back wins at Anfield Jose was in all sorts of mood to complete an away hattrick on the Merseyside Reds.A rare achievement indeed.
So here’s how our verdict goes:
1. From the eleven Jose had picked, it was clear that he went to the Anfield got the kill.There were two changes made.Courtois was on for Petr Cech and John Obi Mikel replaced an inform Oscar.
2. The first 15 minutes or so did not see any clear cut chances for either team, although the hosts managed the early scares and the first shot on target was a typical Steven Gerrard long range piledriver
3. The moment of real impact was in the seventeenth minute when tipped by Emre Can, Eden Hazard went to ground and the ref pointed to the spot.The Belgian took the responsibility and the blues led as he rolled it past his Belgian counterpart’s left hand and into the net.
4. After the halftime again it seemed as if chances had gone for hibernation, as no team could manage any openings, although the Martin Atkinson busy handing cards first to the Liverpool midfield duo of Steven Gerrard and Lucas Leiva and then to the Chelsea wing back Filipe Luis for clumsily hand tipping Lazar Markovic .
5. There was another penalty scream in the Anfield when the ball accidentally hit the arm of the retreating Diego Costa, but the ref made nothing out of it was and he correctly shrugged off all the appeals. So it was a clinical Mourinho half and for me Nemanja Matic was the man of the half
6. The hosts started the second half with high spirits as they looked more threatening and willing to score and their persistence paid off when they drew level after a brilliant solo run from Raheem Sterling
7. The spell between 60th-70th minute of the game was completely dominated by Liverpool where they had many shots,”thunderous” shots on the target, had it not been some amazing saves from Courtois we might be trailing
8. Chelsea settled into it in the last few minutes of the game where it looked even steven with rage and cards flying around.
9. In the end a few more defensive changes like Azpilicueta coming on for Willian clearly showed that Jose had settled for a draw. Which in the end was the outcome.
10. So overall it was a good result as a whole i.e. we are taking an away goal advantage to the bridge but we need to be vary of the reds in the replay, one week later to progress to the first much anticipated Wembley final this season.
If you want to write articles & share your views with your fellow Blues, contact us at – email@example.com
Assisted By: Harsimran Singh