While various title contenders and non contenders had a torrid time at both home at away. As United drew with Burnley to continue there history making run of three games this season to add to last season’s achievements, City went one better by allowing Stoke City to claim three points at the Etihad Stadium. Chelsea were there with a lot of points to be proven, and most of them went their way, as Mourinho’s men literally outscored Everton for the three points. Here are the main take-aways from today away win for the Blues.
- Everyone who said that Diego Costa would need time to acclimatize to the Premier league should stop talking, his Opening and closing goals proved that he’s here to stay. It’s now 4 goals in 3 matches for the new lad.
- Chelsea are perfect: They don’t have to park the bus anymore, you can score one? We’ll score two. You hit five and we’ll hit 10. Its all about entertainment now, even the Everton fans wont deny the fact.
- Didier Drogba may not be at the peak of his physical condition but he can still be a team player, and a good one at that. Ask Diego Costa.
- Diego Costa, Ivanovic, Fabregas and Hazard are all capable of winning matches. Despite being ruled an own goal for Everton, Hazard’s effort was phenomenal. It’s like he has a rocket engine in a pocket which he can turn on at will and devastate opponents.
- Chelsea can break difficult teams at will.
- Gary Cahill and John Terry can both have a hurt leg at the same time.
- Goal difference wont be a problem for Chelsea this season, everyone is scoring and anyone can score and certainly someone will score.
So keep calm and Keep the Blue flag flying high. 3 games, 3 wins, 9 points and top of the table. Up Blues!