Fernando Torres: Player Profile, Bio and Statistics
|Date of Birth:||March 20, 1984|
|Place of Birth:||Fuenlabrada, Spain|
|At the Club since:||February 01,2011|
The most controversial signing of the Roman Abramovich era at Chelsea. The Club Owner was himself involved and interested in bringing the Spain star to the club irrespective of the price they had to pay, the consequence : A club and country record of £50 million pounds. End Result: Considered the biggest flop of the Glorious decade. Fernando Torres might have won every honour that was there for club and country but one thing has eluded him since he moved to Chelsea, and that is Goals, every football website has had a couple of articles on it since he arrived at Stamford Bridge about his prolific goalscoring or the lack of it.
Fernando Torres: Representations and Tenures:
Fernando Torres: Strengths:
- One of those players who have had the ability to dribble into dangerous positions.
- Despite his finishing he is amongst the selfless players who can pass the ball into dangerous positions with both short passes as well as long through balls.
Fernando Torres: Weaknesses:
- Once able to finish chances at will, finishing is one of his weakest traits now.
- Inability to hold on to the ball has cost Torres at a number of times, besides he is not the kind of imposing physical presence that Chelsea have cherished quite often.
Fernando Torres: Career High:
- Winner: FIFA World Cup 2010
- Winner: UEFA Euro : 2008 and 2012
- Winner: FIFA Confederations Cup Golden Boot : 2013
- Winner: UEFA Champions League 2012
- Winner: FA Cup 2011-12
- Winner: UEFA Europa League 2013
Fernando Torres: Characteristic:
- Torres has been amongst the most prolific strikers during his time at Liverpool thanks to his dribbling ability, pace and positioning but the knee injuries seem to have taken the better part of his pace and he is seen as an unreliable striker in front of goal now.