Ramires: Player Profile, Bio and Statistics
|Date of Birth:||March 24, 1987|
|Place of Birth:||Barra do Pirai, Brazil|
|At the Club since:||August 13,2010|
Perhaps one of the most versatile and energetic midfielders in all of Premier League and one who has been on the Los Blacos radar for his immense abilities. Ramires has been amongst the most consistent parts of the Chelsea team since he joined the club in 2010 from SL Benfica of Portugal for an amount close to 17 million pounds. His energy and tackles have been vital to the Blues midfield as they went on to win two European trophies with him in the squad.
Ramires: Representations and Tenures:
- Amongst the best defensive midfielders in the game at the moment with his great ability to tackle.
- Perhaps the most Mourinho-esque player with his tendency to contribute defensively as well attack swiftly.
- Unable to hold on to the ball and that is why Nemanja Matic was needed in the team.
- Ill disciplined at times and can be a liability sometimes but his enormous amount of energy overcasts every shortcoming in his game.
- Winning the 2009-10 Primeira Liga in Portugal with SL Benfica.
- Winning the FA Cup (2011-12), the UEFA Champions League (2012), the UEFA Europa League (2013) with Chelsea Football Club.
- Winning the FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 & 2013 in his homeland.
- Winning the bronze medal at the 2008 Summer Olympics.
- Chelsea Player’s Player of the Year for 2011-2012 with his 12 goals.
- Ramires is the kind of defensive midfielder who likes to dribble and open up attacks and as a result he is fouled upon often. Still not the best one to take a shot in the box.